Monday 4 June 2012

Review: Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo

I decided to use this shampoo in order to clarify my hair. I cannot remember the last time I used a clarifying shampoo (or shampoo with sulfates for that matter!), it probably was back in January :/ My hair felt really dirty so I decided to clarify and review this shampoo that was sitting in the bathroom cupboard. This was from Sainsbury's, however it can also be bought at Boots for £5.99, Superdrug do often have deals on Aussie Moist products.




Description:
Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo is enriched with Queensland Macadamia nut and is bursting with rich, nourishing oils. Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo has a miraculous effect on dry hair, locking in moisture and protecting against the elements.

“The Aussie Philosophy" - There's more to life than hair but it's a good place to start.
How to Use
Drench your hair with water.
Massage shampoo deeply into scalp and roots. Take a deep breath and enjoy the delicious smell.
Rinse out.
For best results use with Aussie Miracle Moist Conditioner.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Cocamide MEA , Parfum, DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Cherry Bark (Prunus Carasus) Extract, Kangaroo Paw Flower (Angiozanthos Flavidus) Extract, Queensland Nut (Macadamia Ternifolia) Extract, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Gel, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzoic Acid, CI 19140, CI 17200.

Thoughts:
If you are a huge fan of natural hair products, steer clear of this. As you can see above it contains a lot of ingredients that are not easy to pronounce! I used this to wash after deep condtioning (with my Tresemme naturals conditioner, coconut oil and castor oil). This shampoo lathered and I really like shampoos that do this like Shea Moisture. I did use three pumps, two is enough. After rinsing, my hair felt like straw and it felt like every ounce of product was removed from my hair. It definitely reminded me of the difference between a sulfate free shampoo and a sulfate shampoo. It definitely clarified my hair! But I could not use this as a regular weekly shampoo. I also noticed this shampoo led to more shrinkage compared to any other shampoo I have used since transitioning. However it did leave my hair soft, and the smell? OMG the smell is delicious! I think it was the macademia nut oil (although I have never smelt this before in my life)- I loved it. So overall, it is a decent clarifying shampoo, though I am not a fan of the ingredients, easily available and strangely it left my hair soft to touch but my strands did not feel moisturised. I'd give this 2/5 for use as a regular shampoo and 3/5 as a clarifying shampoo - just a bit too stripping.

Product information from boots.com and ocado.com

No comments:

Post a Comment