Friday 15 June 2012

Review: Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner 12oz

Okay here is the review for this conditioner, it goes with the Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo I reviewed here.  The price of the conditioner is the same as the shampoo- 10.99, however for 12 ounces of product- that is not too bad.

I ordered it from British Curlies and it came very well packaged:

 And with a sample of Darcy's Curling Cream Gel which I will review in the future!



This will be used as a deep conditioner and in order to make the product last longer I will be combining with an oil (coconut or castor).



Description: Moisturizes and repairs dry, lifeless, over-processed and damaged hair.
After shampooing, work conditioner through hair from roots to ends. Leave on hair for up to 1 minute, then rinse thoroughly or leave on hair for up to 15 minutes for deeper conditioning. As a leave-in conditioner, work a 5p-sized amount through damp hair, then style as desired.

Ingredients:
Deionized water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter)*, Argan oil, coconut oil*, Behentrimonium chloride, essential oil blend, vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, sea kelp extract, Panthenol (vitamin B-5), avocado oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower and Lonicera Japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) flower extract, Tocopherol (vitamin E) and Daucus Carota Sativa (carrot) seed oil. *Denotes certified organic ingredients.
The ingredients are the same as the shampoo except the ones in bold. The ingredients list looks waaay better than the shampoo- Argan oil is the 3rd ingredient, whereas in the shampoo it is lower down the list. Also it contains carrot seed oil and avocado oil!


Thoughts: Again a strength of the Shea Moisture line is it is all-natural and promises "No Parabens, No Phthalates, No Paraffin, No Gluten, No Propylene Glycol, No Mineral Oil, No Synthetic Fragrance, No Animal Testing, No Synthetic Colour, No DEA, No Animal Ingredients, No Sulfates." this is definitely an advantage! I used this product twice- once prior to shampooing and once after. I really like this conditioner- it is thick and creamy and has the same pleasant scent as the shampoo. I do not need to use too much conditioner for it to lather (about 2-3 pumps). I finger detangled my hair upon the second use of this product and I think it gave my hair quite a lot of slip. Another advantage is this can be used as a co-wash, leave-in and/or deep conditioner so even though it is pricey, it is worth it. I would definitely repurchase again, the only thing I did not like was the fact I have to order this online, wait for it to arrive and pay for shipping. I plan to use this weekly.
I give this product 4/5.


*To Add: After using this product for a month now, I realise it is too light to be use on its own as a deep conditioner. For my thick type 4 hair an oil must be added for it to work effectively. This is better used as a leave-in conditioner or co-wash (but a bit too pricey for a co-wash!). I now give it 3/5 for a deep conditioner and 4/5 for a leave-in and/or co-wash. I reccommend a thicker moisturising product if you have type 4 hair for deep conditioning like Aubrey Organics or Shea Moisture's masques :)





Information from http://www.britishcurlies.co.uk/store/

No comments:

Post a Comment